Nursing related opportunities.
NH Department of Corrections
Division of Medical and Forensics
Northern NH Correctional Facility – Berlin
Hours: 37.5 hours Weekly, between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm with ½ hour unpaid lunch
Days Off: Saturday/Sunday
Wage Scale Range: $29,152.50 to $33,871.50
Position number(s): #41486
(An additional $1300.00 is paid for Hazard Duty which is not included in the salary noted above)
To maintain dental instruments and equipment and to assist a dentist in implementing standard dental procedures, working in close and immediate contact with prisoners on a daily basis while maintaining security.
- Orders dental supplies to endure proper inventory levels.
- Sterilizes dental instruments and surrounding work areas in order to maintain current infectional control standards.
- Prepares and files patient case histories, dental charts and treatment records in order to keep current the dental status and needs of inmate patients.
- Prepares filling materials for use by dentist in patient treatments.
- Schedules patient visits and notifies units of pending appointments so that an orderly flow of patients can be treated in a systematic fashion.
- Education: Graduation from high school or G.E.D. equivalent. Each additional year of approved formal education may be substituted for one year of required work experience.
- Experience: One year’s experience as a Dental Assistant.
- License/Certification: Eligibility for certification by the American Dental Assistants Association.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Successful completion of the Corrections Academy and continuing Certification as correctional line personnel as established by the certifying authority.
For further information, please contact Linda McDonald, HR Specialist at: (603) 271-5645 or by email at: Linda.Mcdonald@doc.nh.gov