A recently approved labor contract has significantly increased the starting pay and affected other benefits, so there’s never been a better time to start your career in corrections.
A career in corrections helps you take care of your family and enjoy life. You can have peace of mind that your family will have access to the care they need, when they need it. And with our retirement plan, new hires are still eligible to retire by age 52.5 provided they have completed 25 years of service.
Excellent Benefits Package*:
- Health Insurance (HMO or POS plans available)
- Cost per pay period: $20 for employee-only; $40 for two-person; $60 for family
- Dental Insurance
- Cost per pay period: $2 for employee-only; $4 for two-person; $6 for family
- Life Insurance
- Fully-paid $50,000 policy for every full-time employee, with group rates available for additional insurance
- Full pension after 25 years of service and minimum 52.5 years of age
Vacation and Wellness:
- Vacation time: 8 hours per month, increasing to 10 hours per month after one year of service
- 10 paid holidays per year
- 3 floating holidays per year
- Paid sick time
- Base annual salary for a Corrections Officer Trainee starts at (LG 17 Step 1) 55,660.80 + Currently offering a 10,000. hiring incentive. 1 year commitment required.
- Upon promotion to a Corrections Officer the base annual salary will increase to (LG 18 Step 1) $57,844.80 for a 40-hour work week
- In Addition
- Corrections Officers receive an additional $1,560 annually for hazard duty pay
- Shift pay differentials
- 1.20 Second Shift
- 1.50 Third Shift
- Plus an additional 2.00 for weekends
- All Overtime Worked Paid at Double Time